Sunday, October 19, 2008

Karen's Birthday at Barolo

Last night we celebrated Karen's birthday at Barolo. It's a really nice Italian restaurant in Belltown. Tim and I had never been there before so it was nice trying some place new. What's great about going to new places is you get to try new entrees. I was pretty adventurous and tried an entree Fettucine al Ragu di Coniglio. It was homemade fettucine with braised organic rabbit meat and cherry tomatoes. It actually wasn't bad. Below is a pic of my entree.

Tim had Gnocchi al fagiano, which was house made gnocci with braised pheasant. His was really good too. I actually liked his better, so we switched after a while. :)

Here's a pic of the gang celebrating Karen's bday.
Karen's birthday cake.
The Birthday girl. :)

Happy Birthday Karen!!

3 comments:

Amabelle said...

Happy Birthday to Karen. Barolo is very good. Jon and I went there when they just open. Nice pictures.

Sherry said...

nice! Happy Birthday to Karen. what does rabbit and pheasant taste like?

Tim Hanks said...

You have to try them to know. I think the pheasant was better. I guess it tasted a bit like a cross of chicken and duck.