Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sushi, Wine tasting & Maroon 5

I had talked about not having sushi for a long while with Tim so I figured it was time to get some. So, I got a group of us to go on Sunday for lunch to Blue Fin Sushi in Northgate for the all you can eat buffet. I'm so glad that I ran that morning, because I ate way too much sushi. It was good stuff! Let's just say I got my money's worth. :)

After sushi, we went to the grand opening of the Sheridan Vineyard tasting room in Woodinville. There we tasted a couple of their wines along with the soon to be released reserve wines; 05 Reserve Cabernet and Reserve Syrah. They were both pretty good, but I'm not the best wine connoisseur. To me, after a while they all kind of taste the same. :P


After the Sheridan tasting room, we decided we would hit another tasting room. Next up was Guardian Cellars. It was really nice when we got there as it wasn't very crowded and there was a nice comfy couch that we sat on. There we tasted their wines, munched on crackers & cheese while watching the Seahawk game on the flat screen tv they had. It was great. I believe we got there middle of 3rd quarter, and when we finally got up to leave, the game had already finished. :P I also discovered some yummy pita crackers with some sort of garlic seasoning that I will get at Costco on our next trip.

We did end up getting a bottle of wine, their 2006 Chalk Line. It's a blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Malbec, 17% Syrah, 11% Merlot from Stilwater Creek, Conner Lee, and Wahluke Slope vineyards. It was very good when I tasted it there. I just hope that it tastes as good as I thought when we open it up later.


Our last tasting that afternoon was at the Jones spelled backwards Estate winery. There we tasted 4 more wines, then called it quits for wine. We also came up with the name for our drinking club. By consensus, we came up with "Cheers!" :)


Next up for the evening was Maroon 5. The concert was was at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn and they were the main act. Opening were Augustana and Counting Crows. It was really cool to see all of them sing live. I was really happy when Counting Crows came out and their first song was "Long December". It's one of my fav songs of theirs. Maroon 5 was also awesome. They sang my favorite "Sunday Morning" so I was happy. Also, at the end was a special surprise as Brandi Carlile came out and sang her song "The Story". It was a great last song. In all it was a great day. Long but fun. :)

No comments: