Thursday, September 18, 2008

Flowers and Nike Sportband

Today when Tim got home, he rang the doorbell instead of using his key. I kinda wondered what was up, when I opened the door he had flowers in his hand. I was like wow. He's so sweet. :) Here are the flowers.
I really like the red sunflower.

The day after our wedding Tim also got me a present. He got me the Nike+ Sportband. It's a device that one uses while running to track your distance, time, pace, and calories burned during a run. Below is a pic of the sportband.


Yesterday was my first day trying it out. I really like the look of the sportband. It's a pretty cool looking band. The way it works is there is a sensor that I put on my shoe (I don't have the Nike shoes, so I had to buy a pouch where it attaches to my shoelace of my shoe). The sensor then sends out a signal with every step I take. The concept is really cool. However, when I tried it out yesterday, it was a bit off with the readings. I ran 3 miles but the sensor had me at 3.77 miles. I did the same route again today, but forgot to calibrate it. I finally fixed the calibration so hopefully the next time I run the route it will be more accurate. If the calibration works, I think the sportband is an awesome device.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

how nice of Tim...nice flowers! that sport band looks pretty nifty too!

Amabelle said...

ooooh, how sweet! You found yourself a good husband. :)

Anonymous said...

nice stuff. what did you do for him?